Are you using a regular body wash on your nether regions? Did you know that there are products designed specifically to wash your most sensitive areas to keep them healthy and itch-free?
Here's the low-down on why you need a specially formulated product to wash your most intimate areas.
1. Feminine Hygiene Products for Every Day Use
You've seen the products in the supermarket, but you might assume that you don't need these sorts of products, right? Wrong! Feminine Hygiene products are designed to keep your privates healthy. Just like we use a different cleanser for our face than we do for our body, our intimate areas require their very own formula.
With specially formulated ingredients, these products are gentle on delicate skin and encourage a healthy environment. Harsh ingredients and soaps can irritate the vulva in particular, leaving the skin itchy, inflamed and irritated. Specially formulated feminine hygiene products are designed for gentle, sting-free cleansing of the body's most sensitive areas.
2. Treating Vaginal Dryness
If problems do arise, such as itching, and dryness of the outer vagina, this could potentially be a case of Vulval Dermatitis (also known as Vaginal Dryness). This is an inflammatory condition which can be confused with thrush, however it is a common skin condition. Vulval Dermatitis can be identified by itching, vulval swelling as well as burning during urination or intercourse. If these symptoms do not cease with thrush treatment, it could be a case of Vulval Dermatitis. Feminine hygiene products are designed to nourish the area and minimise irritation caused by regular soaps. A pH balanced product used daily can reverse the symptoms of Vulval Dermatitis with continued use.
3. Ingredients to Look For
- Natural Colloidal Oatmeal: Vital for addressing inflammation, Colloidal Oatmeal encourages long lasting hydration accompanied by antibacterial properties for gentle yet effective cleansing.
- Sodium PCA: With a natural moisturising factor, Sodium PCA is derived from plants, fruits and coconut oil.
- Farnesol: With its own natural scent, Farnesol is used to mask unpleasant odors associated with conditions such as Vulval Dermatitis.
- Triclocarban: An antibacterial chemical which is gentle enough for use in personal care lotions and washes such as feminine hygiene products.
- Trehalose: With water-binding properties, Trehalose can be found in feminine hygiene products for both its moisturising and antioxidant properties.
Dermavive's Intimate Wash contains an expertly formulated blend of the above ingredients, making it one of the most effective and gentle products on the market. Specifically formulated to encourage good skin health in the most sensitive areas of the body, Dermavive's Intimate Wash can be used for every day use for optimum vaginal health as well as part of the treatment for Vulval Dermatitis (vaginal dryness).