It is considered one of the leading anti-ageing ingredients, but what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to Retinol?
1. Fact: Retinol Slows Ageing
Retinol falls within the Retinoid family of Vitamin A-derived ingredients. Retinol not only reveals younger cells beneath the surface as it encourages cell turnover, it actually encourages collagen production for smooth, plump skin. Retinol has shown to smooth existing fine lines by targeting the skin from a cellular level - not just the surface. Dr Gohara, clinical professor at Yale, links Retinol's success to its ability to actually sink into the skin while speeding up cell turnover which actively boosts collagen and elastin - effectively revealing fresher, smoother skin.
2. Myth: Retinol Cannot Be Used Long Term
This is incorrect for a number of reasons. Firstly, Retinol actually requires ongoing use for users to experience the full effect of Retinol. Results are often seen after two months and ongoing use will enhance these results even further. Secondly, while some people may experience reactions to Retinol, this is often a symptom experienced during early use. The skin generally adapts to Retinol over time as its effectiveness enhances without symptoms after just two weeks.
3. Fact: Retinol Evens Skin Tone and Prevents Acne
By encouraging cell regeneration, Retinol reveals a brighter complexion, effectively fading dark circles, pigmentation and acne scars. This occurs through exfoliation of the skin surface which reveals the younger cells beneath and relieves congestion. This process of dead cell removal revises the appearance of fine lines, scars and skin imperfections including pigmentation as the younger skin cells are uncovered.
Ready to reap the benefits of a Retinol cleanser? Neutriderm Brightening Bar is a multi functioning cleanser which revises over all skin tone and condition for a youthful appearance. Complementary ingredients further support optimal skin health and hydration through antioxidant and vitamin support for a bright, plump and clear complexion.
- Retinol - A form of Vitamin A which reduces the appearance of wrinkles through cell regeneration, exfoliation and collagen production.
- Lactic Acid - An alpha-hydroxy acid which provides anti-ageing and pigment fighting properties to the skin.
- Tocopherol Acetate - A natural form of Vitamin E, Tocopherol Acetate supports the skin with antioxidant, skin moisturising and protectant properties.
- Sodium PCA - With natural moisturising factors, Sodium PCA increases the water content of the skin's surface by drawing moisture from the surrounding air.
- Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane - Also known as Tetrahydrocurcuminoids (THC) this ingredient has skin-brightening, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties for healthy functioning skin and a bright complexion.
Rich in anti-ageing and brightening properties, Neutriderm Brightening Bar is a skin brightening treatment recommended as an essential age management product. For pigmentation, scar and fine line revision, Neutriderm Brightening Bar can be used ongoing without drying or sensitivity.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of Retinol yourself? Purchase your Neutriderm Brightening Bar here.