Psoriasis is not only hard to live with due to its intense itchy, flaky nature, it's also incredibly hard to treat. Without proper treatment and ongoing management, Psoriasis can cause constant irritation and inflammation of the skin leaving sufferers vulnerable to a lifetime of ongoing flare-ups.
To stop this cycle we must look at supporting the skin with long-term preemptive solutions. But first let's look at the condition itself so we can understand its complexity and its triggers.
1. Understanding Psoriasis & What It Looks Like
Psoriasis is a dry skin disorder which is caused by high turn over of skin cells. This condition can cause skin cells to multiply by up to 10 times faster than normal, leaving sufferers with excess layers of dry skin build up on the surface of the skin.
Psoriasis generally rears its head in early adulthood and will persist in a few specific areas in small or large patches anywhere on the body or scalp.
Signs of Psoriasis include: Plaques of red skin, often covered with silver or white flaky scales. The skin will present itself as red, irritated, inflamed and itchy.
2. Psoriasis Triggers
There are a number of elements that come in to play to cause Psoriasis flare-ups. Being proactive with your topical treatments is paramount during times when you may be exposed to or suffer from:
- Stress which may trigger itching and an incessant need to scratch the skin
- Allergies which may affect the skin's immunity leading to a flare-up
- Climate/Environment including humid and dry conditions which dehydrate the skin
- Abrasions to the skin which impair the skin barrier
- Hormonal changes including pregnancy and menopause
3. Psoriasis Treatments
It's common for Doctors to treat Psoriasis with topical Corticosteroids, however, we now know that these creams provide a band-aid fix without any sort of long term remedy. We also know that long-term use of steroid creams can be detrimental to the condition of the skin.
When it comes to providing natural remedies for successful Psoriasis treatment, studies show us that oils are most effective in providing moisturising, nourishing and defensive therapies. Emollients which have been developed to soothe the skin, provide barrier repair therapy which enable the skin to heal. Hydrating body oils provide intense moisture delivery for severe dry skin conditions which initiates immediate relief from irritation and inflammation within the skin - a must for Psoriasis sufferers.
Dermavive Intensive Body Hydrating Oil is a pH balanced oil which is designed to provide Psoriasis sufferers immediate relief from itching while effectively reducing inflammation via the effects of Natural Colloidal Oatmeal.
Dermavive Intensive Body Hydrating Oil effectively addresses dry, flaky skin conditions through an especially formulated combination of the following ingredients:
- Natural Colloidal Oatmeal contains saponins which have cleansing and antibacterial properties. The cellulose and fibre found in the oats neutralises the pH of dry itchy skin effectively soothing and calming irritations.
- Sodium PCA is a humectant with natural moisturising factors to support hydration levels within the skin.
- Liquid Paraffin locks moisture into the skin by creating a protective barrier on the skin while moisturising, soothing and improving the texture of skin.
Dermavive Intensive Body Hydrating Oil is a pH balanced formula designed to provide immediate relief from itching and inflammation, irritation and redness on the skin. Ongoing use will aid in the recovery of skin damaged due to the effects of dry skin conditions. Suitable to be used on all parts of the body, this oil can be used by Psoriasis sufferers of all ages including infants.
If you are looking for a long-term therapeutic remedy for your Psoriasis, or dry skin condition, you can purchase Dermavive Intensive Body Hydrating Oil here.